Peyronie’s disease treatment is effective because it is different
The Peyronie’s disease treatment philosophy of PDI is not accepted within the medical community at this time. You should know the opinions and philosophy of PDI are not current mainstream medical thinking, although PDI has assisted perhaps a dozen or more MDs with their own Peyronies problem in the last few years.
The Peyronie’s Disease Institute philosophy for Peyronie’s treatment is different from standard medical thinking in two fundamental ways.
1. PDI recommends using mainstream Alternative Medicine therapy products (vitamin E, copper, DMSO, enzymes, etc.), and procedures (a special manual stretching technique we have developed, manual penis stretching, along with exercise, massage and acupuncture). These are recommended even though they have not fulfilled the testing standards usually required of medication. The use of stretching, exercise, massage and acupuncture are included because of their longstanding use in medical care for a wide variety of health problems; they have stood the test of time.
2. PDI has found after seven years of review and research that taking multiple therapies, all at the same time, in sufficient quantities as described on its website, often stimulates or supports an improved ability to heal and repair the famous Peyronie’s plaque or scar. The scientific term for this phenomenon is “synergy”.
The specific therapy products used by PDI are well known and generally accepted as important, and often essential, for health and well being, such as vitamin E, MSM, acetyl-L-carnitine, etc. However, what is unique is that PDI advocates these therapy products are used in combination and in significant number for maximum potential effect and benefit. This synergistic concept of therapy used by PDI to treat PD takes advantage of the affect of synergy – a concept that is very well known in medical practice. Synergy is the ability of two or more substances to work together to produce a total effect greater than what each individual therapy could produce by itself.
This Peyronie’s disease treatment concept is based on simple observations about this problem:
- Why do some men completely recover from Peyronie’s disease without treatment? You know, this happens in about half of the case.
- Why do some men get worse and need surgery, no matter what treatment they try?
- If the Peyronie’s plaque is similar to scars like I have on other parts of my body, why does it seem to change so much – not only the size, shape, and density of the scar, but also the location?
- If it’s actually the same problem among all the men who have it, why does Peyronies vary so much from one man to the next?
- What’s the difference between the two groups of men whose Peyronie’s disease goes away on its own, and the other in which it only gets worse no matter what they do for it?
- What is the fundamental difference between these two groups of different responses?
- How can I join the group that repairs and eliminates the Peyronie’s plaque and reverses the bent penis of PD?
Certainly, no one has complete or easy answers to these questions – yet. However, I think it makes perfect sense that the man whose Peyronie’s disease simply goes away on its own has a better healing capacity, than another man whose PD never improves. It cannot be a mater of luck; nature is just not that way. It is my opinion that you can increase your healing capacity and become healthier in some yet undetermined way so you are able to heal your Peyronie’s scar and reverse your Peyronie’s bend to the best of your ability.
The fact that some men are able to recover better than others, must mean there is variable − not static − capacity to healing and repair among men. Common sense and generally accepted knowledge about health, nutrition, and the healing process offers you and I the foundation for a treatment concept and philosophy that should improve your chances to recover from Peyronie’s disease better than if you did nothing to enhance your ability to heal. It is really as simple and direct as that. The Peyronie’s plaque found within and on the tunica albuginea can be seen as an expression or extension of the overall health and healing potential of the body in which it occurs. Similar to an ulcer, a Peyronie’s plaque or scar can be thought of as the result of abnormal body chemistry and physiology. As such, treatment of Peyronie’s disease should attempt to improve that distressed or abnormal chemistry and physiology of the penile tissue in which the plaque is found.
All therapy products, nutrients, techniques and ideas presented by PDI are all directly or indirectly intended to improve the chemistry and physiology of the body in general and plaque elimination in the tunica specifically. The end result of this effort should be a healthier person with healthier tissue that can heal better. That is the reason all Peyronie’s therapy items are selected on the basis of their potential to improve or normalize the chemistry and physiology of the tunica of the penis and the foreign plaque material. Peyronie’s Disease Institute adopts the judgment of Mayo Clinic concerning Peyronie’s disease when it stated. ”early stage disease [of Peyronie’s disease] is reputed to respond better than well-established plaques, an early trial of inexpensive, safe and well-tolerated oral therapy is often initially recommended. … With advances in the molecular biology of inflammation and wound healing, the management and understanding of this frustrating disease will no doubt improve.”
With this statement in mind, I strongly recommend that any man, in any stage of Peyronie’s disease – no matter how chronic or advanced – should at least investigate the use of synergy created by the combination of several simultaneous non-invasive treatment measures selected on the basis of the best understanding of your problem and the information that is available to you.
Peyronie’s disease treatment is variable from one man to the next. Because the Alternative Medicine therapies used in Peyronie’s disease treatment are intended not to treat the disease but to support and strengthen the man who has the problem, so he can heal and repair it to the best of his ability. Since we are all different, each man must approach his own search for a Peyronies cure on an individual basis.
The PDI website is full of helpful information about Peyronie’s disease treatment to increase your ability to heal and repair PD, just as it naturally and spontaneously happens in 50% of the men who develop this condition. Keeping this in mind should change the way you look not only at Peyronie’s disease, but also the way that you consider your relationship to the problem and how you hope to eventually overcome it.