Since Peyronie’s disease is all about the effect of the Peyronie’s plaque that causes the classical curved penis, here is useful – and sometimes just fun – information about an important part of the male anatomy.
1. Pronged cigarette smoking can shorten the penis up to a centimeter, or slightly less than a half inch. Since erections are affected by normal blood circulation, and smoking leads to calcification of blood vessels, it is easy to see that erectile quality is not helped by smoking cigarettes. If you are not concerned about how smoking is bad for your lungs and blood vessels, now you know it is also not good for your manhood. .
2. With knowledge and techniques developed through stem cell research, it is now possible to use the foreskins of circumcised infants to grow skin for burn victims. A single foreskin can be used to create 23,000 square meters of new tissue. This is an area large enough to cover every Major League infield in the U.S.
3. An enlarged prostate gland can lead to premature ejaculation, as well as erectile dysfunction (ED). If you have a problem with either ED or premature ejaculation that has not responded to direct therapy, consider having your prostate gland examined.
4. The average male orgasm lasts six seconds, while the average female orgasm lasts 23 seconds.
5. Scientists have identified the oldest male fossil animal yet discovered. It is an ocean-dwelling creature found in 425-million-year-old rocks in the UK. This creature is called is a hard-shelled sea creature called Colymbosathon ecplecticos; that is Greek for "amazing swimmer with large penis."
6. Even after circumcision the foreskin can be grown back. The movable skin of the penile shaft can be pulled up toward the glans (head) of the penis and kept in place with tape. Using a series of plastic rings, caps, and weights, and after a few years the male can once again say, “Everything is covered.”
7. From a physiological standpoint, there are two types of penises. The first type is called a “grower” because it can easily expand and lengthen when erect to a size much greater than its flaccid dimensions. The other is called a “shower” because it is very large when flaccid, but doesn't increase in size when erect. It is estimated that 80% of men are growers, while 20% are showers.
8. German researchers say the average time for sexual intercourse is 2 minutes, 50 seconds. Yet, women estimate that the average time for sexual intercourse is 5 minutes, 30 seconds, and men say it is in excess of 10 minutes.
9. The record holder for numbers of sexual partners is King Fatefehi of Tonga, an island in the South Pacific Ocean. It is recorded that he had sexual relations with 37,800 women between the years 1770 and 1784—that's about seven women a night.
10. Spanish researches have determined that better-looking men may have faster and stronger sperm. When women were shown photos of men who sperm was known to be in good, average, and unhealthy condition – and were told to select the men that they thought were most handsome. The women consistently selected men who were in the good sperm category.
11. The act of ejaculation is not controlled in the brain, but it is a reflex that is started within the spinal cord. It can therefore be said that it does not take any brains for a man to have sex.
12. The most common cause of penile rupture and injury is overly vigorous masturbation causing Peyronie’s disease. For this reason it is wise to slow down, use a lot of lubrication, and enjoy a nice gentle ride.