The Peyronie’s Disease Institute treatment philosophy for dealing with Peyronie’s disease is not accepted within the medical community. You should know the PDI opinions and Peyronie's disease treatment philosophy are not current mainstream medical thinking, although PDI has assisted a dozen or more MDs with their Peyronies problem in the last few years.
The Peyronie’s Disease Institute philosophy for Peyronie’s treatment is different from standard medical thinking in two fundamental ways.
1. PDI recommends using mainstream Alternative Medicine therapy products (vitamin E, copper copper, DMSO, enzymes, etc.), and procedures like a special gentle manual penis stretching technique we have developed, and acupuncture). These are recommended even though they have not fulfilled the testing standards usually required of medication.
2. PDI has found after seven years of review and research that taking multiple therapies, all at the same time, in sufficient quantities as described on its website that it often stimulates or supports some degree of improved ability to heal and repair the famous Peyronie’s plaque or scar. The scientific term for this phenomenon is "synergy".
The specific therapy products used by PDI are well known and generally accepted as important, and often essential, for health and well being, such as vitamin E, MSM, acetyl-L-carnitine, etc. However, what is unique is that PDI advocates these therapy products are used in combination and in significant number for maximum potential effect and benefit. This synergistic concept of therapy used by PDI to treat PD takes advantage of the affect of synergy – a concept that is very well known in medical practice. Synergy is the ability of two or more substances to work together to produce a total effect greater than what each individual therapy could produce by itself.
This Peyronie’s disease treatment concept is based on simple observations about this problem:
· Why do some men completely recover from Peyronie’s disease without treatment? You know, this happens in about half of the case.
· Why do some men get worse and need surgery, no matter what treatment they try?
· If the Peyronie’s plaque is similar to scars like I have on other parts of my body, why does it seem to change so much – not only the size, shape, and density of the scar, but also the location?
· If it’s actually the same problem among all the men who have it, why does Peyronies vary so much from one man to the next?
· What’s the difference between the two groups of men whose Peyronie’s disease goes away on its own, and the other in which it only gets worse no matter what they do for it?
· What is the fundamental difference between these two groups of different responses?
· How can I join the group that repairs and eliminates the Peyronie’s plaque and reverses the bent penis of PD?
Certainly , no one has complete or easy answers to this questions – yet. However, I think it makes perfect sense that the man whose Peyronie’s disease simply goes away on its own has a better healing capacity, than another man whose PD never improves. It cannot be a mater of luck; nature is just not that way. It is my opinion that you can increase your healing capacity and become healthier in some yet undetermined way so you are able to heal your Peyronie’s scar and reverse your Peyronie’s bend to the best of your ability.
This Peyronie's treatment philosophy is not offered as though we have an absolute Peyronie's cure, not at all. While we have a high success rate, it is not an absolute cure in that sense. It is merely presented as a way to treat the man who has Peyronie's disease, because we all know this happens in 50% of the cases – so it can be done, and it is being done. PDI is merely offering a way to increase your potential to join the ranks of the men whose Peyronie's plaque is healed naturally. The only difference is that you are doing specific things in a deliberate and methodical manner to heal yourself better than you did the first time around.
With this statement in mind, I strongly recommend that any man, in any stage of Peyronie’s disease – no matter how chronic or advanced – should at least investigate the use of synergy created by the combination of several simultaneous non-invasive treatment measures selected on the basis of the best understanding of your problem and the information that is available to you. Peyronie's disease treatment is variable from one man to the next. Because the Alternative Medicine therapies used in Peyronie's disease treatment are intended not to treat the disease but to support and strengthen the man who has the problem, so he can heal and repair it to the best of his ability. Since we are all different, each man must approach his own search for a Peyronies cure on an individual basis.
When you look at the different therapy products on PDI website, realize that they are intended to increase your ability to heal and repair PD, just as it naturally and spontaneously happens in 50% of the men who develop this condition. Keeping this in mind should change the way you look not only at Peyronie's disease, but also the way that you consider your relationship to the problem and how you hope to eventually overcome it.