Homeopathy – Scar Free and Scars-Adhesions – Used for Peyronie’s Disease Treatment
Discovered by Samuel Hahnemann, homeopathy is a unique 200 year-old pharmaceutical system of healing that stimulates the defense system of the body to protect and heal itself, using only extremely small doses of naturally occurring substances. Homeopathy is used today for countless conditions around the world by medical doctors because it is a safer form of non-prescription medication, and for this reason should be considered for Peyronie’s disease natural treatment. The two homeopathic products we use are called Scar-Free and Scars-Adhesions, available from Peyronie’s Disease Institute and Natural Health Education LLC.
Homeopathic medicines are individually chosen for their ability to cause (if used at a full strength or overdose concentration) symptoms that would be similar to the problem the person is currently experiencing. The word “homeopathy” explains this idea: “homoios” in Greek means “similar”, and “pathos” means “disease” or “suffering”. Thus, homeopathy uses a small dose of a substance to treat a problem that would cause the same or similar symptoms if it were given at a full dose. Homeopathic medicines work with, rather than against, the natural defense mechanism of the body. The philosophy of homeopathy recognizes that all symptoms of ill-health are expressions of disharmony within the person, and that it is the patient who needs treatment – not the disease.
In 1796, Hahnemann, a German linguist, chemist, and medical doctor, was translating a pharmacology textbook. He read that Cinchona bark, used at that time to treat malaria, was effective simply because of its extreme bitterness. Not satisfied with this explanation, Hahnemann decided to take an extremely small dose of the drug, to learn at what strength the bitterness would be detectable. To his amazement he developed intermittent fevers, sweats and all malaria symptoms from the diluted Cinchona bark. Intrigued by the similarity of disease symptoms from the drug used to treat malaria, he began to study and dilute other substances to determine their response.
He found that other diluted substances would elicit a curative response to rid the patient of the disease which resembled exactly what an excessive exposure to them would provoke. To explain further, let’s compare the medical approach to the homeopathic approach to treat a case of insomnia. Conventional medicine would treat insomnia by giving a drug to suppress the nervous system to induce or force an artificial sleep. Homeopathy would treat the same insomnia problem by giving a remedy that is a minute dose of a stimulant, such as coffee, which would enable the patient to sleep naturally.
Popularity of Homeopathy
Homeopathy is particularly popular in France, England, Germany, Greece, India, Pakistan, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and South Africa. Approximately 40% of the French public have used homeopathic medicines, and 39% of the French physicians have prescribed the medicines. About 20% of German physicians occasionally utilize these natural medicines, and 45% of Dutch physicians consider them effective. According to a survey in the British Medical Journal, 42% of British physicians surveyed refer patients to homeopathic physicians, and a New York Times article reported that visits to British homeopaths is growing 39% a year. Homeopathy is particularly popular in India where there are over 120 four-year homeopathic medical schools.
Homeopathy is also growing very rapidly in the United States. Market research shows that sales of homeopathic medicines have grown at a rate of 10-20% per year during the past ten years.
Safety of Homeopathy
Homeopathic remedies cannot cause side effects or addictions because only a very minute amount of the active ingredient is used in a specially prepared form. It is completely the opposite of conventional medicine which frequently uses a large dose of drugs which can sometimes cause side effects or addiction.
The small doses used in homeopathic medicines make them extremely safe. Most homeopathic medicines are officially recognized by the FDA. as “over-the-counter drugs”. Thus, any person can use them without a prescription. Because they are recognized as drugs, their manufacture is regulated by the FDA., and under standards set by the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the U.S., to assure consumers that they are getting what they ordered.
Homeopathy controversy and agreement
Homeopathic medicine and allopathic (conventional) medicine maintain an opposite philosophy and principle of practice, and they compete financially for the same market base of patients. Small wonder there is disagreement and controversy within conventional medicine concerning homeopathy. While there are MDs who are detractors of homeopathy, there are also those who are supporters. Several schools in the U.S. train MDs in homeopathy, resulting in thousands of MDs who practice homeopathy as part or all of their medical practice.
Research of the medical literature will disclose controversy about homeopathy, just as there is dissatisfaction and controversy in every area of medicine. Within this body of information is good scientific research supporting homeopathy, published in medical journals and other scientific publications:
1. The LANCET published a review of 89 double-blind or randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials.(1) The authors concluded that the clinical effects of homeopathic medicines are not simply the results of a placebo. (The placebo effect is the measurable or felt improvement in health not attributable to treatment, but probably due to belief and hope.) In fact, they found that homeopathic medicines had a 2.45 times greater effect than a placebo, which is quite high.
2. The British Medical Journal reported there have been 107 controlled clinical trials of homeopathy, 81 of which showed they had beneficial results.(2) The writers stated, “The amount of positive evidence even among the best studies came as a surprise to us. Based on this evidence we would be ready to accept that homeopathy could be efficacious, if only the mechanism of action were more plausible.” This research conducted by physicists and not homeopaths, raises a plausible explanation of homeopathic potencies and should provide a new stimulus for rigorous scientific scrutiny of homeopathic medicinal therapy.
3. The European Parliament requested and received a report in December 1996, concerning homeopathy, entitled “Examination of Data from Homeopathic Medical Trials: Report on the Efficacy of the Interventions versus Placebo or Absence of Treatment”. (3) After a lengthy report of their analysis, the authors’ conclusion was strongly favorable to homeopathy.
Detractors of homeopathy frequently complain that positive research and study conclusions are flawed due to the placebo effect, in which the positive result of a treatment is determined to be “all in the head” of the individual. This is a difficult argument to defend against since the mind can indeed do some unexplained, unintentional and powerful things. To address the charge that homeopathic benefits are placebo or imaged, a few interesting research projects can be examined.
A randomized, controlled triple-blind study of homeopathic treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome was done indicting equivocal evidence that the effects of homeopathic medicine are superior to a placebo.(4) Another study of fibromyalgia patients being treated with homeopathy provided even significantly better evidence beyond the placebo effect in lessening tender point pain and improving the quality of life and global health of persons with fibromyalgia.(5)
A research study was conducted to determine the ability of homeopathic treatment to increase the resistance of the tobacco plant to attack by the tobacco mosaic virus. In this large data base research an arsenic homeopathic treatment caused a verifiable increase of plant resistance to the tobacco mosaic virus.(6) Another interesting research investigation studied the influence of a homeopathic thyroid remedy on the growth and development of lowland frogs (rana temporaria). As a result of this experiment it was shown that homeopathic treatment is able to effectively influence the maturity and development of lowland frogs. (7)
Using just these few examples, of which there are many others, there is indisputable evidence that plants and animals – who are not subject to a placebo effect – clearly demonstrate therapeutic benefit from homeopathic treatment that is not a placebo.
Homeopathy is another of the popular therapies that work in the realm of energy medicine. Science is often at a distinct disadvantage when dealing with any energy medicine therapy because of the current inability to measure or comprehend the subtle energy changes that occur.
Although we don’t understand precisely how homeopathic medicines work, there is clear evidence that the medicines are active and have the potential to stimulate the body to heal. Various studies of homeopathic treatment clearly show this.
When Hahnemann first began treating people according to the law of similars, many of the medicines he used were potentially toxic substances such as mercury and arsenic. To prevent toxic reactions to these substances, they were sequentially diluted before being administered. As a result of his extensive knowledge of ancient and indigenous medical systems, Hahnemann was aware of a method of increasing the activity of a medicinal solution by vigorously shaking it in a container, so he methodically shook his medicines after each dilution. He found that as the toxic properties were steadily reduced with each dilution, the therapeutic efficacy increased with shaking, a seemingly paradoxical effect termed potentization.
To prepare a homeopathic medicine one part of the medicine is diluted with 99 parts of an alcohol and water solution. This mixture undergoes vigorous shaking to produce what is called a 1C potency. One part of this mixture is added to another 99 parts of an alcohol and water solution and the shaking is repeated, resulting in a 2C solution. Potencies may range from 3C to 500,000C. Potentization is controversial because, according to the laws of chemistry, by the time the 12C potency is reached, there are few if any molecules of the original substance left in the solution. However, potencies such as 200C or 1000C act more quickly, are effective over a longer period of time and, thus, require fewer doses than the 3C or 6C preparations.
Recent industrial research in physics and chemistry may have provided a possible understanding of this paradox. It is known that water molecules form rigid stable structures at room temperature if exposed to high enough pressure. This recent research has shown that the electrostatic attraction between the ions and the water molecules of a solution can produce enough pressure to induce the water molecules to form these rigid stable structures.(8) Ions are electrically charged atoms or groups of atoms and are electrostaticly attracted to water molecules because water molecules are dipolar with one positive and one negative pole. The pressure produced by this electrostatic attraction decreases when two ions come together, as occurs in concentrated solutions. Conversely, the pressure that is generated by the electrostatic attraction between an ion and water molecules increases in dilute solutions allowing stable structures to be formed by the water molecules.
The method for preparing a dilute solution in this research was to dissolve a small amount of salt (NaCl), nitric acid (HNO3) or base (NaOH) in pure water and then dilute it one part to ten parts of pure water. The resulting solution was shaken and diluted again one part to ten parts of pure water. This process was repeated many times. It is interesting to note that both salt and nitric acid are used homeopathically and the process of preparing homeopathic medicines is virtually identical to the process of preparing dilute solutions used by the researchers. The research demonstrates that the water molecule structures are initially formed only around ions in the solution. However, these structures could then be generated by breaking them up into smaller pieces by shaking them. These smaller pieces of water exist independently of ions and have an electrostatic charge, and attract nearby water molecules to form bigger pieces. The research showed that as the solution was diluted and shaken from molar concentration 10-7 to 10-13, the structures remained undiminished as determined by UV transmission measurement. Lastly, the researchers filtered these structures and photographed them with the electron microscope. They were of micron size and could even be observed by ordinary optical microscope.(8)
Click on “Peyronie’s Disease and a History Lesson” to completely change the way you think about Peyronie’s treatment.
Peyronie’s disease connection
Here is what all of this means to the man with PD: Another research study,(9) “The effect of homeopathic plant extract solutions on the cell proliferation of human cutaneous fibroblasts in vitro”. Did you notice that key word in the title, “fibroblast”? As you will recall, fibroblasts are a specialized type of connective tissue cell found in every organ and tissue; they are cellular protein-making factories that produce the various connective tissue elements (as found in a scar). That means this study has some relevance to scar formation, and therefore PD. This research project identified 11 homeopathic plant remedies that were capable of slowing or reducing fibroblast cell growth. By slowing fibroblast cell growth, this study demonstrates the possibility of altering production and composition of the cellular foundation of scar material with a homeopathic preparation
A second study reports that homeopathy can influence tissue repair.(10) This one suggests that an arnica homeopathic remedy reduced the hematoma (bruise) and pain during postoperative recovery, as well as overall improvement of tissue healing. The ability of a homeopathic preparation to improve tissue repair and healing is important in a potential application to PD.
Homeopathy is an energy-based therapy that has been used on plants, animals, children and adults for over 200 years. There is medical controversy about the ability of homeopathy to influence health and healing. The Lancet and other medical publications of high regard have published information favorable to homeopathy. The Queen of England has her own personal homeopath. Walgreen’s and other drug stores now sell homeopathic formulas right along with all the other approved medications. There is a trend of acceptance for homeopathy that says a lot.
While there is evidence that homeopathy does not work, there is evidence that it does work. Some MDs scoff at it, while other MDs never use conventional drugs and use homeopathic therapy exclusively.
Sometimes it is difficult to know exactly what to do. Sometimes you just have to try things and see what happens, after doing your best to investigate and educate yourself. Adding a homeopathic therapy to your treatment plan adds an inexpensive and wider energy-based therapy to your PD effort.
Commercial product information
This concludes the technical discussion concerning HOMEOPATHY. What follows next is the presentation of commercial information about a particular product that PDI endorses and sells in its Natural Complementary Medicine Products division. PDI does this so that you may easily identify what we think is the best therapy product of its kind, and then make it available for sale easily and at the best price we can.
Please bear in mind that PDI cannot answer your questions or help you with your therapy plan if we do not have knowledge, experience or confidence with “foreign” therapies. On the PDI website we clearly state, “Sorry, but due to the volume of emails PDI receives and with limited hours available in a day, we can only answer questions from PDI customers. When you purchase your therapy products only from PDI you have full access to the vast experience and careful assistance available to our customers. If you purchase inferior grade or questionable bargain products elsewhere, you will have to rely upon that source for whatever help you might need later.”
We take this position because after doing this work since 2002 we sincerely believe that you stand a better chance to reverse your PD if you only use products listed in the PDI and Natural Complementary Medicine websites.
Homeopathic Peyronie’s product recommendation
Scar Free and Scars-Adhesions Research has been done that demonstrates patients who are treated with homeopathy have a high satisfaction rate with the results of their treatment.(11) In this particular study patients were 95% fairly or very satisfied with their treatment.
Please investigate the subject of homeopathy to your satisfaction, and speak to your own medical doctor about it. If after doing so you wish to try homeopathy for your Peyronie’s disease, there are two special formulas that PDI has commissioned exclusively for the symptomatic treatment of PD and scar tissue, called Scar-Free and Scars-Adhesions.
Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe when taken as directed. Like all homeopathic remedies it is easy to take and easy to transport in liquid form. Adding either Scar-Free and Scars-Adhesions, or both, to your treatment plan could be an easy way to inexpensively and simply broaden your treatment plan, and further increase your odds for success.
Suggested homeopathic Peyronie’s therapy
Here is how to take Scar-Free and Scars-Adhesions:
Place 5-10 drops of liquid directly under the tongue.
Hold liquid on the floor of the mouth for at least 30 seconds, then swallow.
Take 2-3 times per day.
Nothing else should be put in the mouth for 20 minutes before or after taking your formula, not even toothpaste or cigarettes. While you are treating your PD with homeopathy avoid coffee, mint, peppermint and preparations containing menthol, eucalyptus and camphor, as these can interfere with the action of the homeopathic remedy.
If you travel, do not let the homeopathic remedy go through an X-ray detector.
Acute or recent complaints tend to respond more quickly than chronic or longstanding complaints. Be patient! Every case is different, and no two people are alike.
To read ideas and suggestions to combine Scar-Free and Scars-Adhesions together with other therapies, click Create a Peyronie’s Treatment Plan.
Order Scar-X Homeopathy
Why Buy from PDI?
1. Service PDI offers email support and assistance for the products and services we provide. We provide experience and interest in helping you with PD. PDI is here to help you with questions about the products we sell. This is an extremely valuable service the others cannot possibly match.
2. Quality and Quantity Repairing the Peyronie’s scar is such an important mission. It is critical you use a high quality and quantity of nutrients. We have done the hard part selecting good companies and products. Buy with confidence.
3. Value PDI has a competitive pricing structure of which we are proud. We doubt you can find better products that deliver the quality and quantity for the prices we have set.
4. Convenience The longer you take to start treating PD, the longer and more difficult treatment becomes, and the likelihood of success deteriorates. Everything you need is here, right now, in one place.
1. Lynde, K., Clausius,N., Ramirez,G., Melchart G., Eitel F. , Hedges L., Jonas W.. Are the clinical effects of homeopathy placebo effects? A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled trials. The Lancet. 1997;350:834-843.
2. Kleijnen, Jos. Clinical trials of homeopathy. Brit. Med. J. Feb. 9, 1991; 302:316-323.
3. Boissel J.P., Cucherat M., Haugh M. and Gauthier E., “Examination of Data from Homeopathic Medical Trials: Report on the Efficacy of the Interventions versus Placebo or Absence of Treatment”. European Parliament Report. December 1996
4. Weatherley-Jones E, Nicholl JP, Thomas KJ, Parry GJ, McKendrick MW, Green ST, Stanley PJ, Lynch SP. A randomised, controlled, triple-blind trial of the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome. J Psychosom Res. 2004 Feb;56(2):189-97.Medical Care Research Unit, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK.
5. Bell IR, Lewis DA 2nd, Brooks AJ, Schwartz GE, Lewis SE, Walsh BT, Baldwin CM.Improved clinical status in fibromyalgia patients treated with individualized homeopathic remedies versus placebo. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004 May;43(5):577-82. Epub 2004 Jan 20. Department of Psychiatry, Mel and Enid Zuckerman Arizona College of Public Health at the University of Arizona, Tucson, USA.
6. Betti L, Lazzarato L, Trebbi G, Brizzi M, Calzoni GL, Borghini F, Nani D. Effects of homeopathic arsenic on tobacco plant resistance to tobacco mosaic virus. Theoretical suggestions about system variability, based on a large experimental data set. Homeopathy. 2003 Oct;92(4):195-202. Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Bologna University, Italy.
7. Endler PC, Ludtke R, Heckmann C, Zausner C, Lassnig H, Scherer-Pongratz W, Haidvogl M, Frass M. Pretreatment with thyroxine (10-(8) parts by weight) enhances a ‘curative’ effect of homeopathically prepared thyroxine (10-(13)) on lowland frogs. Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2003 Jun;10(3):137-42.
8. Shui-Lin Lo. Anomalous State of Ice. Modern Physics Letters B, 1996;10:909-919.
9. Valentiner U, Weiser M, Moll I, Schumacher U. The effect of homeopathic plant extract solutions on the cell proliferation of human cutaneous fibroblasts in vitro. 1: Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2003 Jun;10(3):122-7. Institut fur Anatomie II, Experimentelle Morphologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany.
10. Wolf M, Tamaschke C, Mayer W, Heger M. [Efficacy of Arnica in varicose vein surgery: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study] Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2003 Oct;10(5):242-7.[Article in German] Praxis fur Homoopathie, Berlin-Karow, Deutschland.
11. Van Wassenhoven M, Ives G. An observational study of patients receiving homeopathic treatment. Homeopathy. 2004 Jan;93(1):1-2. Unio Homoeopathica Belgica, 132 chaussee de Bruxelles, 1190 Brussels, Belgium.